Sunday, November 2, 2014

#2 What Scoville Units Measure

There are quite a few peppers that are known to be the hottest peppers in the world. These of which are always trumped by the newest things due to personal challenges and odd wants. The first hot pepper that was introduced to me was called a habanero.
 Granted I didn't know what these were until my mother said, "Here, try one of these. You might like it." I didn't mind trying something new and popped one in my mouth, which was when she said,"SPIT IT OUT!!!!" By then, I had already swallowed a mini volcano. The habanero measures at 400,000 in scoville, a measurement of spicy heat, units.
Here we can see that the ghost pepper used to be the hottest pepper in the world until someone decided to crossbreed a red naga pepper and a Red Savina pepper to create something that can potentially kill someone depending on how their body reacts to it. I mean, the thing even looks unholy...
Here are some links to some very peculiar reactions to two very fantastic people eating these on their morning show. The first is a ghost pepper.


And this one is where they eat the devil's toenail (Carolina Reaper)


10 comments:

  1. http://youtu.be/MuvUaFp_qMQ

    I do believe this relates to your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of eating spicy food so I can't imagine how painful eating a habanero must have been. One thing I did not know was that eating a pepper has the potential to kill someone. BTW, I am also a fan of Good Mythical Morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Good Mythical Morning!! Hello fellow Mythical Beast :D!

      Delete
  3. I love spicy foods but i always have a glass of milk on the side JUST in case I punk out haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot hot hot!!
    It never ceases to amaze me on how our taste buds are set off by specific chemicals lol
    Oh noes, there's a fire on your tongue haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephan--Your blog looks great and has well-developed content. Keep it going.

    YOU NEED TO TURN OFF "WORD VERIFICATION" IN THE SETTINGS FOR COMMENTS IN YOUR BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I love you blog!! I hate spicy foods so this for me is a god send!! Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you really liked it. Your support is much appreciated (:

      Delete